Launch the Entertainment
Launch the Entertainment
Comic Shows are loading,
please refresh page if shows do not appear.
About Launch the Entertainment
Launch The Entertainment will be held on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:00 pm at the Virginia Beach Funny Bone in Town Center, and you're invited! Susan G. Komen Tidewater and the Funny Bone Comedy Club-a national chain that has presented such personalities as Drew Carey, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Lewis Black, Ellen DeGeneres and Bobcat Goldthwait-have partnered with Greater24 to make an impact in Hampton Roads. Susan G. Komen is the 2nd largest funder of breast cancer research in the world. The Tidewater chapter has raised over $4.9 million in the last eight years-75% staying in the community, the other 25% going directly to research. Get ready to laugh until you cry; be entertained by Coastal Virginia Comics; enjoy live music performances; and support breast cancer awareness-all at the same time. Take part in the public premier of Greater24 Magazine, and be on the front line for the launch of ASPIRE | Purpose In Performance, a statewide talent search and competition scheduled to arrive this summer.
ASPIRE is the latest development by Greater24, now catching attention for its focus on helping up-and-coming performers gain major awareness for their abilities while showing the impact of their talent when used for a positive purpose. In today's society the ability to perform is one of the most inspiring and motivating abilities, especially among youth. But if these abilities are not used for a purpose that extends beyond a competitive environment for financial gain and social status, then those talents can become more limiting than rewarding. Talents that are used to engage, empower and encourage can have a lasting impact on the performer, the audience, and the community. Without professional opportunities to present these individuals, their talents can go unnoticed, be used for nonproductive purposes, or simply fade away. Besides introducing the impact of their talents to aspiring performers, Greater24's Launch The Entertainment event and ASPIRE | Purpose In Performance will serve as innovative fundraising events to support breast cancer services with Susan G. Komen Tidewater. At the event, you'll also have a chance to win signature parting gifts by Greater24.
Come laugh, be entertained and make a community impact at Greater24's Launch The Entertainment. The Funny Bone is located in Virginia Beach Town Center at 217 Central Park Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23462. Tickets are available for online purchase through the Funny Bones website. Guests should arrive 15-20 minutes early to secure a seat. For additional information on event sponsorship and other details, please visit Greater24.com and click events.